How does my 6yo organize his sister’s birthday party? (Part 5)
FOUR more weekends to the party! Woohoo!
If you haven’t yet, you can follow the story here: http://www.beinformedspace.com/tag/birthday-planning/
Let’s see what we have achieved so far!
Theme ✅ checked! Find out what’s the theme.
Activities ✅ checked! Can you guess what we have done?
About activities, you won’t wanna miss my update next week because I’m gonna talk about the DIY playhouse that we built (YES, we built if from scratch!) over the past few weekends!
Invitation card ✅ checked! Find out how my 6yo make the invitation card!
The most important part is….. *drumrolls*
FOOD! ✅ Checked for this week!
Those who know my kids will know K Shwen the birthday girl is a foodie!
And her elder sister, K Lynn, equally loves food too.
K Jin my eldest, is too picky an eater so if I were to put him in charge of food, he would probably choose soup, sweet and sour fish and rice.
So for the food area, I’ve gotten K Lynn to be in charge of the menu. It became a rather precarious situation because every time I asked my little sweet tooth about it, she would mention cakes, cupcakes, muffins, lollipops, etc.
Since the kids really enjoy cooking, I told them they will be cooking some of the dishes on the menu. So they will cook those that they have cooked before to minimize disaster.
I’d be cooking the rest and they’re going to help with ingredients preparations instead.
So far in the menu we have:
- Cake – plain store bought cake, decorated with Frozen theme
- Cupcakes – to be baked and decorated by the kids
- Cookies – store bought
- Jelly – to be made and decorated by the kids
- Fish balls – frozen and to be air-fried by the kids
- Fried wontons – to be made by the kids
- Spaghetti meatballs – Bolognese meatball sauce to be made by the kids
- Fried chicken wings – to buy from K Jin’s best friend’s grandma who make awesome fried chicken wings!
- Bubur Cha Cha – to be cooked by the kids. This is their favorite food introduced by their kindy.
- Mixed vegetables – to be cooked by Mommy
- Chicken curry for the adults – to be cooked by Mommy
- Fried rice – to be cooked by Mommy
- Fried noodles – to be cooked by Mommy
The last time they baked a cake for Teacher’s Day, they really enjoyed the whole experience.
For this birthday party, the menu that we’ve decided is something that they’re familiar with. We couldn’t afford to let them take their own sweet time to cook and we also need to take into consideration that we can’t cook too early or the food won’t last long.
Stay tuned for my next update!